NEW YORK - NEW JERSEY - PENNSLYVANIA - CONNECTICUT - MASSACHUSETTS - VERMONT - DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA - FLORIDA
Estimating & Pre-Construction Services
- Monitor and/or manage design progress. Interact with a building management during the design phase.
- Develop the preliminary construction budget and a procurement strategy with long lead item prioritization.
- Perform value-engineering and constructability analysis. Research potential energy saving opportunities.
- Develop the final budget and develop the final schedule and product phasing.
- Interact with the client’s vendors and suppliers to ensure smooth transition from the construction phase to the fixturing phase.
- Assist the design team in developing a simple and realistic maintenance plan through analysis of all proposed products, materials and systems.
- Develop a preliminary site logistics approach, including solutions for site access, bridging, deliveries, materials storage and crew facilities.
- For multi-site projects, initiate establishment of national vendor accounts for repeatedly used products and materials to ensure the best pricing.
- Provide comprehensive take offs for all construction activities and compare subcontractors’ pricing.
- Manage plan and document circulation. Assist the design team in all activities necessary for document filing to commence.
- Expedite Building Department permits and identify and procure long lead items, ensuring the fabrication schedule reflects the construction schedule.
- Execute recovery and disposal of contaminated materials.
- Analyze bid package composition to encourage competition. Encourage participation of MBW and WBE firms in the bidding process.
- Collect and Analyze subcontractor bids. Execute and administer contracts with qualified lowest bidders.
GENERAL CONTRACTOR - CONSTRUCTION MANAGER - DESIGN / BUILD